Dr. Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Facial Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Jumaily is a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon with expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. He studied medicine at Boston University School of Medicine. During medical school, Dr. Jumaily fell in love with the art and science of surgery. After medical school he pursued residency training in Head and Neck Surgery in Boston, Massachusetts, which included work at Boston Medical Center, Boston Children’s Hospital, Lahey Clinic and Boston VA Medical Center. Throughout his training in head and neck surgery Dr. Jumaily worked with nationally and internationally renowned facial plastic surgeons to treat adults and children for various conditions requiring reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. Under the guidance of mentors such as Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel, a passion for facial plastic surgery grew. Dr. Jumaily continued his training with a prestigious subspecialty fellowship with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) at the University of Toronto where he worked with internationally known surgeons including Dr. David Ellis and Dr. Jamil Asaria at FACE Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto.
Publications & Presentations
Dr. Jumaily strives to contribute to the facial plastic surgery community in order to improve patient outcomes. He has published literature in the field of head and neck surgery and facial plastic surgery. Dr. Jumaily has presented his work at several meetings in North America. Dr. Jumaily was recognized through several awards, including the Spiegel Award in Facial Plastic Surgery and the Conrad Award in Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Jumaily Jeffrey S. and Spiegel Jeffrey H. Research Letter: Unique Needs of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. JAMA facial plastic and reconstructive Surgery. 2015;17(5):384-385.
- Falcone TE; Stein D, Jumaily Jeffrey S et al. Correlating Pre-operative Vitamin D Status with Post-Thyroidectomy Hypocalcemia. Endocrine Practice. 21(4), April 2015
- Jumaily, Jeffrey S. AAO OTO Advocacy Summit Column. Massachusetts Society of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery Summer 2012 Newsletter
- Jumaily Jeffrey S, Fayad C, Mardirossian V, Singh A, Stram J, Spiegel Jeffrey H. Preoperative incidence of olfactory dysfunction in nasal surgery patients. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Jul;147(1):157-60
Featured article with Podcast of discussion with Journal Editor Dr. Rosenfeld.
- Jumaily Jeffrey S, Noordzij JP, Dukas AG, Lee SL, Bernet VJ, Payne RJ, McLeod IK, Hier MP, Black MJ, Kerr PD, Raffaelli M, Bellantone R, Lombardi CP, Dietrich MS. Prediction of hypocalcemia after using 1- to 6-hour postoperative parathyroid hormone and calcium levels: an analysis of pooled individual patient data from 3 observational studies. Head Neck. 2010 Apr;32(4):427-34
- Benign Oral Lesions. Dr. Gregory Grillone and Jeffrey S. Jumaily K.J. Lee, Health Care Reform Through Practical Clinical Guidelines: Ear, Nose, Throat. 2010 Plural Publishing. Chapter 22.
- Operating Room Setup, Instrumentation, and Safety Considerations in Transoral Robotic Surgery. Jeffrey S. Jumaily, Lance Maggiacomo, Gregory A. Grillone. Editors: Gregory A. Grillone and Scharukh Jalisi, Robotic Surgery of the Head and Neck. 2015 Springer Science and Business Media, New York, NY.
- Kleinberger AJ, Jumaily Jeffrey S, Insalaco L, Spiegel Jeffrey H. Safety of modified coronal approach to the upper craniofacial skeleton with dissection deep to temporalis fascia for facial nerve preservation of the frontal branch of the facial nerve. Accepted at Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting in Boston, MA, April 2015.
- Jumaily Jeffrey S, Dolan RW. Comparison of Harmonic Scalpel And Cold Knife in Parotidectomy. Presented at Triological Society Meeting in San Diego, CA, Jan 2015
Lectures and Presentations
- Oral presentation of original research ‘Non Invasive Versus Rigid Endoscopic Evaluation of Upper Aerodigestive Tract in Penetrating Neck Trauma’ at the 2014 American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery annual meeting in Orlando, FL.
- Oral presentation for New England Otolaryngology Society ‘Odontogenic Sinusitis’ at the 2012 Fall Meeting.
- Oral presentation of original research ‘Preoperative incidence of olfactory dysfunction in nasal surgery patients’ at the BU-Tufts Alumni Association 2011 Alumni Day
- Oral presentation of original research ‘Preoperative incidence of olfactory dysfunction in nasal surgery patients’ at the American Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons 2010 Annual Meeting in Boston, MA
- Oral presentation of original research ‘Prediction of hypocalcemia after using 1- to 6-hour postoperative parathyroid hormone and calcium levels: an analysis of pooled individual patient data from 3 observational studies’ at the 2008 annual Combined Otolaryngologic Sections Meeting in Orlando, FL.
- Jaw Surgery
- Sinus Lift
- Bone Graft
- Ozone Treatment
- Orthognathic Surgery
- Facial Trauma
- Oral Pathology
- Pre-Prosthetic Surgery
- Treatment for Sleep Apnea
- Teeth in a Day
- Zirconia Implants
- Trefoil Implants
Words from our patients
P. J.: Very caring and intelligent surgeon and made me feel very comfortable throughout my oral surgery. I have no complaints and would recommend her to everyone I know. Five stars!
A. N.: Dr Mizrahi was so understanding of my problem and we spoke of what the treatment plan would be. She was prompt and answered all my questions and explained everything Extensively. The staff was so nice and welcoming as well
M. S.: Staff are very pleasant and professional. I love how doctor Mizrahi explains everything before any treatment. I had a dental implant done and surprisingly I felt no pain. I highly recommend Dr. Mizrahi.
I. L.: Since visiting Dr. Mizrahi my mouth feels 100 times better! The whole staff personnel was amazing. So amazing, that since my visit both my husband and father-in-law have switched over to her practice. Thanks so much for going above and beyond Doctor! Truly one of the best in LA.